Thursday, October 25, 2012

She's Powered by Sprinkles, Peace and Bike Grease!


I just picked up a copy of this month's Sacramento Magazine featuring "The 2012 Best of Sacramento." (www.sacmag.com) As a new resident of Sacramento, I enjoy reading about the winners of these kind of community contests because it makes me feel like I'm in the know on the hot spots that this town offers. As I was thumbing through, I stumbled upon the page featuring "Best Creamy Treat" which went to Rachel Sprinkle-Strong for her POPCYCLE CREAMERY. I was thrilled because I had the pleasure of meeting Rachel back in September when her popsicle stand on wheels was parked in front of the Ella K. McClatchy Library for the Sacramento Old City Association Home Tour which featured seven homes in the Poverty Ridge Neighborhood. I tried the diary free Coconut Curry pop and it was delightful. Though the flavors may seem like an odd combination for a sweet treat, it was a brilliant pairing and truly delicious. When I checked out the Popcycle Creamery's website, www.popcyclecreamery.com, and read through the other flavor offerings, I was definitely intrigued by the Brown Butter Brickle, Strawberry Candied Jalapeno and the Track 7 Soulman Stout flavors, amongst a plethora of others . I can't wait to run into the Popcycle lady again and try another flavor. I did read that she makes special flavors upon request, which sounds like a great way to make any party, wedding, or big event more special. Bravo to Rachel and her sweet treats for her win and my complements to the chef!



No comments:

Post a Comment